Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Week 55 - Manvel

Hey Everybody,
So I guess my letters that I have been writing are not making it home... Oh well.  Sister Asplund in our District took pictures of us for our parents for #LIGHTtheWORLD I hope you like them.  Also here are some pictures from Elder McQueen :)

A thought for the week:
 1 Nephi 15:11 Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?—If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faithbelieving that ye shall receive,  
with diligence in keeping my commandments,  
surely these things shall be made known unto you.
In this time of the year it is easy to forget to be grateful. It is also easy to let up on all of the commandments, like keeping the Sabbath day holy. I know that Christmas will be on a Sunday this year, I hope that all of you will remember to be diligent in keeping the commandments of the Lord. 

Hey, my favorite Christmas hymn is Number 134 in Spanish. I don't know the number in English.
Far, Far Away on Judea's plains.

This week was pretty fun. Other than most of Friday I had a killer migraine.
 On Monday we got our hair cut by a member. She was so cool about it, she did not even charge us!! she cut Elder Bird's hair first. He is still really new in the mission so the Spanish has not come quite yet. This member speaks no English and it was really hard for her to cut his hair without being able to speak to him. Then she cut Elder McQueen's hair. He is really good at Spanish and there were no problems. When I sat in the chair she asked me how I wanted my hair cut and I explained to her how I wanted it. She was taken aback that I could actually speak Spanish. She started asking me all sorts of questions, you know, how all hair stylists do. It was fun, we totally talked about the Gospel, about my family, about Utah and how going to the temple is a huge blessing! She also was shocked at how much hair I had. She said that my hair is thicker than most hispanics hair. hahahaha
Tuesday we ate Tamales. I AM SO SICK OF TAMALES. haha All hispanic people make tamales for Christmas and then they give them to the Missionaries. We had dinner tonight with Hno Z, guess what we ate. TA-freaking-MALES ugh. haha but we were very grateful for the food and the company.  He told us a bunch of stories from when he was a bishop in Mexico. He is a cool guy. 
Wednesday we busqed apts all day. At one point in the day I was driving down Hwy 35 and Elder McQueen said, "That is colon hydrotherapy...... no thank you..." I almost died. 
Thursday we weekly planned and taught a guy named J. D. He was cool. We knocked on his door and he came out shirtless. I am pretty sure we caught him at a bad time. haha 
Friday was boring with my headache.
Saturday was also boring. 
Yesterday was fun. we went to a methodist church where they were performing a big concert thing. We were ushers and we stood outside for two hours. It was like 40 degrees, windy and it was really humid. haha 
Our investigators  are doing pretty well. J is chugging along. Slowly learning what we teach him. A was sick this week and we were not able to teach her.

We did find a new apartment.  We have to move everything we have. Elder Embody (moving coordinator) will help us with his big enclosed trailer. I do not have the address right now. It is not the nicest place, but it is the only place that would accept corporate leases. we should be moving on thursday, but we haven't heard back... I am not stressed at all. The mission is the most fun I have EVER had. I love it here! Even when it's hard.

I'm excited to talk to you on Christmas!!
See you soon,
Elder Grimes

P.S.
I have a quick question... The scriptures say 'infirmities' a ton. It is way more fun to replace that with 'limpnesses'.  I guess that wasn't much of a question. still funny tho

Hey, a pikachu pinata
 Car ride
 We are looking cool in this photo shoot!
 Here is the real photo shoot...
 The Elders of our District
 Is this still a thing??
 It's us!
 Still us
 Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment