Monday, December 5, 2016

Week 53 - Manvel

Hi All,
 This week was so much fun!  We had an exchange with Elder Holyoak. He is our district leader and he is super cool! He cannot speak Spanish, so Elder McQueen and I had to teach everything without a third. That was kind of nice for a change. Being in a trio is nice because we can get into the homes of single women, but at the same time, we cannot teach as well because we have to divy up the teaching between three people and the transitions are never as good as we want them to be. Our only investigator is slowing down but he did play La Bamba for us last night. It was funny. He played it on the guitar.


I got the Christmas decorations package, it  made me so happy!!!!!  The first thing I did was make the coconut rice. Then I ate it. haha I did not have a way to rinse the rice so I poured it into a clean sock and rinsed it that way.... #missionlife. It has been sustaining me for the last few days. Also, THE BROWNIES MADE MY ENTIRE EXISTENCE.
I wrote a letter in which I have explained all about the December stuff (Light the World). I hope you guys get it soon.  In the meantime here is my thankful "poster" for 2016.  There is nowhere near enough room on this one sheet of paper to fit all of the things that I am Thankful for, I figure this is a pretty good start though.  I propose we change the name of this list that we do each year from "We are thankful for" to  "We have been blessed with..."  I think that it would be fun to see how the list would change with a different theme to it. As long as we give thanks to our Father in Heaven, He will continue to bless us.  I promise that as we live with gratitude in our hearts we will be much happier.
I love you,
Elder Grimes
I have been blessed with:
Jeremy, Buffer, Danny, Blake, Emma, The Sacrament, frisbees, music, a home, belts, scooters, Priesthood Authority, my family and everything they do for me, the talents I have, Doctors, video games, the Earth, healing, the ability to write, charity, the Bible, simple moments, hymns, the resurrection, agency, Gandalf, the gift of tongues, electricity, cows, the sacrifice of others, fire, moose, Avatar the last Air-bender, razors, conference, chemistry, the Blurb, chairs, paisley, forgiveness, Dumbledore, magic, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, carpet, bright paper, that my Dad served a mission, hair, woodland critters, Friends, the brick, water, sub-woofers, Narnia, American Flags, Lilo & Stitch, my legos, dogs, shoes, parents that cater to my stupidity, puzzles, mints, service, Spongebob, vegetables, water bottles, Grace, elk, fishing, the U.S. Army, language, my Savior Jesus Christ, the restoration, the power of prayer, temples, our apartment, President Hall, planners, food, chickens, birds, Teancum, 1776, pillows, Texas, socks, Preach my Gospel, mattress covers, love, being raised in the church, cough drops, purpose, the First Vision, shampoo, my journal, Sister Missionaries, diesel trucks, the ability to improve, my body, meat, Grandparents, mountains, pens, my trainees, tithing, ties, the Atonement of Jesus Christ, trials of faith, the apostasy, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, my Mommy, the promised land, cats, cars, trees, skyrim, guns, my guitar, learning, Jack Skellington, flowers, things that smell good, strategy games, suits, the cracker pocket, the Manvel Ward, Houston 2nd Ward, Brazos Branch, Valley View 2nd Ward, the last word, my testimony, airplanes, motorcycles, goal and plans, eagles, paper, Aunts & Uncles, Faith, baptism, being able to read, ducks, a living prophet, football, angels, dentists, fruit, Joseph Smith, investigators, my mom, my friends, people who support me, the privilege to serve a mission, mission rules that keep me safe, my mission, alligators, the Book of Mormon, air conditioning, photo paper, Elder Hollands video "Like a Broken Vessel", soap, Trevor Jensen, Connor Steed, Andre Grimaldo, Rex Spjute, Ian Unick, Jaden Kennedy, William McQueen, Jared Bird, La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias.

No comments:

Post a Comment