Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Week 52 - Manvel

Hi Everyone,
We had a fun and crazy week!
Tuesday, We helped a family build a shed. I will have to mail home my SD card. I used the other guys cameras to take pictures with it and they are all pretty awesome!!! The people who built the frame had no idea what they were doing. The front wall was 10 inches shorter than the back wall... it took four hours to try and put a floor in... So much fun though. 
Wednesday, we tried to teach a whole bunch of our potentials, but none of them wanted to talk to us. Then we had dinner with the bishop and his family. They are such good people. 
Thursday, we played soccer early in the morning until like noon. I am in terrible, terrible shape... lol (You'd think biking would have helped...) Then we had lunch with the bishop. It was fun, they had us over because they knew that we had nowhere to go. 
Friday, we took the bishops son out to teach with us. Elder Bird and Erik went one way, and Elder McQueen and I went another way. It was a good way to cover a lot of ground. We visited like 6 members that day. two of them fed us. we got pizza and tortas. A torta is a sandwich the size of a basketball. 
Saturday we helped the bishop put up his Christmas lights. Then our car wigged out and we had to make a journey into Sugarland to get a different car for a few days. We will go and pick up Maria in a few days (Maria Chevy de la Cruz - our car)  Oh, and I finished my thankful poster. I will be mailing it home for you to see tomorrow.
 
One thing that I learned this week is that you do not need to have material possessions to be happy. The family that we helped on Tuesday are the poorest family that I have ever seen in my whole life, but they are the happiest I have seen on my mission. They have nothing, but at the same time, they have everything. They are grateful for every single thing that they have. That one hit me really hard. I have taken a lot for granted in my life, but now that I can take a step back and think about how blessed I truly am, life is different. I do not want to get anything for Christmas. Just send me pictures of you guys giving service to someone else.  Promise me you will not send me anything.  I am really excited to go to church on Christmas! 
 
Oh and Mom, We do not need a tree. that is just more stuff that will not fit in our tiny apartment. haha  You don't need to worry about me.  Just remember that the Lord is taking care of me while I am on loan for a while. You would not believe how much I have changed and how much I have learned. I could not have asked for an experience this life changing.

I'm excited for the package, I will watch like a thing that watches real good. haha
Wanna know something cool?  Hey, I have almost finished my first mission journal!!!
 
I have to go now
Love you all!!! Have a great week
READ YOUR SCRIPTURES
Elder Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment