Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 51 - Manvel

Hi Everyone,
I am doing so well!!!  My camera broke tho... I cannot take pictures anymore... haha.  To answer Mom, I do have a thankful chart going. I will send it home this week.  As far as Thanksgiving goes, I think we might be eating with the bishop... I am not sure though.  We might just eat in our apartment.
We have been cooking a whole bunch of food lately and it is so much fun!!  We make all kinds of random mixes.

This week was good.  We had splits on Tuesday because some Elders were sick, we got out and tried to teach people.  Wednesday we had Zone Conference.  On Thursday I was sick.  When you are sick, you sleep.  On Friday we had an awesome service project where we went to a trailer park and installed fire alarms for free. We worked with the Red Cross, it was cool.  On Sunday we had church ;) I love my new ward. They are so much fun!! Hermano G. (Grandpa) sat next to me and he kept trying to talk to me.  I had to work to not laugh the whole time.  It was awesome.  We have one solid investigator named J. and he is pretty dope.  He has a baptismal date for the 14th of January and we are stoked.

Look up Helaman 3:35. I have learned a lot about fasting and how much we can be blessed by fasting.    
Helaman 3:35 Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God.

In Zone Conference this week we talked about #LIGHTtheWORLD.  Light the world is going to be a huge worldwide push in the church to provide service however we can. On the 25th of November the real video will launch and we can start getting ready to participate in the initiative.  The first 25 days of December will be days of service.  25 ways in 25 days I challenge everyone who reads the blog to participate.  I promise, as a representative of the Lord, Jesus Christ, that as you provide meaningful service to others YOU WILL FIND MORE JOY IN YOUR OWN LIFE.  You will find satisfaction at the end of the day. 
I love you all!!!
Elder Grimes 
Thanks to the Texas Houston South Mission facebook page we have a pic of Zone Conf.  
3rd row back and 5th from the right making a VERY happy face!


No comments:

Post a Comment