Monday, November 14, 2016

Week 50- Manvel

This week has been so much fun!!!

I'm with Elder McQueen who is from Springville, Utah and Elder Bird who is from Idaho Falls, Idaho.  

On Tuesday we rode bikes like 30 miles to visit some members, just to find out that they ordered us a pizza at the Papa Johns right next to our apt.. So we went and got the pizza and proceeded to eat it in the Subway next door.  Yes, we have a car, but biking is way more fun. Then on Wednesday we went to the Mission Office to have Elder Bird pass off the lessons, he is on his second transfer. The lessons are something all new missionaries have to do. It just helps them know how to teach effectively. It was a fun day.

     I have been meeting members and trying to know where we are all the time, our area is huge!!! It covers Alvin, Santa Fe, Pearland and some other area really far south of where we live.  This area is so much more "me" than H2. Lots of country, also, we knocked and talked to the mayors wife the other day!!   #fearnoman 
We also had Stake Conference yesterday. We got called to repentance hardcore. The Stake President said, "This is going to offend many of you, but the Lord has commanded me to say it, and I must obey." then he called out the stake for working on Sundays and watching sports on the Sabbath.  We are in a Spanish Ward and the work is slower here than H2. In the week that I have been here we have gotten a new investigator and an old one has accepted a date to be baptized.

Here's something funny,  both of my pillows disappeared during transfers.  I have been using a small fuzzy blanket instead... lol  Hey Mom, I might need some new pants.  As to my height and weight...Same old same old. I have not changed at all since I left. I can just speak Spanish now.  We have geckos EVERYWHERE in the new complex.  We have caught like 7 so far and I almost caught a squirrel the other day. They are super fat and slow here.

Sorry no pictures this week, this computer is a little sketchy.. I do not want to hook my camera up to it.  We are in a family history center and this computer is just super old.

I want you to read Mosiah 23:10
10 Nevertheless, after much tribulation, the Lord did hear my cries, and did answer my prayers, and has made me an instrument in his hands in bringing so many of you to a knowledge of his truth.
 and
D&C 46:19-20
19 And again, to some it is given to have faith to be healed;
20 And to others it is given to have faith to heal.

I am feeling a ton better and being in a new place has made me so happy!

I love you guys!!!
Gotta go!
Elder Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment