Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 45 - H2

Hey Framlee,
   How did everyone enjoy conference??  Did you guys know that Brian K. Ashton was the president of the THSM before president Hall?  One of my favorite talks from this General Conference was given on Saturday morning by Carol F. McConkie. She posed a rather large question: When the Son of Man cometh, Will he find faith on the earth? This question hit me really hard because that is one of the main purposes of being a missionary. We invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through FAITH, repentance, Baptism, the receiving of the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring To The End. Do I have enough faith?  The answer will always be no. I need to strive constantly for the rest of my life to increase my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. She talked a lot about Prayer and how we can engage all three members of the Godhead through prayer. If you think about it, that is a huge blessing to be able to do that.  One thing that really stuck with me is, "GOD NEEDS BRAVE SONS" And He needs them forever.

   Another cool thing to think about, When Nephi was in the wilderness with his family he broke his bow. His brothers' bows lost their springs. They had no sure way to get food. So Nephi turned to the Lord and made a plan. He made himself a new bow, and an arrow. Verse 23 of 1 Nephi 16 says that Nephi made ONE ARROW. Talk about faith. Then he asked his father where he should go to find food.  Sometimes we should make our own plans and take them to our father in heaven. He will help us.

  With President Nelsons talk I feel like finally someone understands.  He said that a missionary isn't out to baptize, a missionary is out to bring JOY to His children all over the world.

  Here is how our investigators are doing.   I. and the boys are slowing down but everyone else is still chugging along. A. is being awesome still, he just gets it. E. is a young mother and she is friends with a member. We have taught her a few times and she is just awesome. She has the cutest little two year old daughter.  We have been teaching W. for awhile and she is ready for us to hand over to the Hermanas, she always flirts with Elder Kennedy because he can't understand her.  She proposed to him the first time we went over...it was hilarious! 

  I am doing so well you would not believe!!  But my crown fell out...again...I have already taken care of it mommy.  Don't worry, I am a big boy now.  I've been to the dentist and he said he would call you today.





  I'm really excited that HR is here (a friend from High School who is now serving in my mission).  I have not seen him yet, I want to though. 

   That is awesome that you are feeding the missionaries this week! It means so much to the missionaries to have members invite us into their homes. Send the leftovers home with them if there are any.  Also, ask them what they want to eat. Tell them that you have a missionary and to be real. Make them decide what they want. haha

I love being a missionary!
I love you all, gotta go,
Elder Grimes


Elder Huaraca is from Peru originally but from Utah now.  
Elder Grondel is from Vegas and Elder Kennedy.
My best friends on the mission.
 My District
 Our vacuum broke. I fixed it. haha Dust everywhere.
 Waiting for the other Elders at their pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment