Friday, September 23, 2016

Week 43 - H2

The scriptures spoke to my soul this morning

Hi Family,
 I was jumping around the scriptures this morning when I found a few verses that meant a lot.  I was trying to learn about blessings and I read in Doctrine and Covenants Section 6 Verse 32.  Christ says that when two or more are gathered as touching one thing, that He is there also. 
I continued reading and these verses brought tears to my eyes. 
33 Fear not to do goodmy sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
34 Therefore, fear not, little flockdo good; let earth and hell combine against you, 
 for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
35 Behold, do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which have commanded you.
36 Look unto me in every thoughtdoubt not, fear not. 
 37 Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen. 
 
Being able to reap what we sow seems really hard right now because we are working really hard and it does not seem like anything is happening.  We see right here that Christ is comforting ME by saying "Fear not, little flock; do good."  He promises that Earth and hell CANNOT prevail against those who are doing good.  That comforted me when I read it.  
He says that he does not condemn me.  He commissions me to continue on to the work I have been commanded to do. 
 
Look unto him in EVERY thought, doubt not, fear not.  Let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly.
Then He says to see how much He loves us.  He shows us what he did for us and asks us to be faithful and keep His commandments.
 
This week was super awesome!!  On Wednesday, we went to eat dinner with the P. family.  She is like elderly and her husband isn't a member.  She was sleeping while we were there and he was hammered.  We were eating and he was all mad that the cabbage that he had was a giant onion... then we caught a little green gecko in their house.  It was really weird. 
 
Our investigators are all chugging along!  haha

Also, let me leave you with this,
Love endureth by diligence unto prayer. 
Moroni 8:26 And the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God.
 
I love you all!
Elder Grimes
 
 This dog is a model.
 Look at these friends.
 I got a new hoodie at Ross for $8.00!
 I am a model...just like the dog ;)
 Inspirational text from our Peruvian District Leader (he calls us Zion)
 Panda last P day - so good!
 We are patriotic!
 Sunset in Houston.
 Look what I keep in my wallet.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment