Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Week 21 - H2

I'm alive, I'm alive

This is where I live now. We are in a bike area and I have been riding all week!! It is so much fun here!!!  Elder Spjute is really cool!! He is an amazing singer! We live with two other Elders, Elders Seal and Unick. They are super cool guys, we all get along super well! The apartment is super nice. We live right in the middle of our area which makes biking super easy. The other elders have a car, we do not. We ride with them to do stuff like church and Pday things.
I have been tying really hard to learn the area and also to meet the members here in the ward. It is stressful but fun too. It is a Spanish Ward and they are the coolest members! My favorite member family so far are the S family. Bro. S is blind and is the most able blind man I have ever met. (I have only ever met two blind people.....) They are super strong members. 

Sunday night was crazy!!! It started to rain super hard while we were biking around 7 PM and progressively got worse all night. Really hard rain and thunder all night long! Floods like crazy! Everyone flooded! We were super lucky and our apt. did not get flooded :) but President Hall would not let missionaries drive until like 1 PM. and the roads were all underwater. Craziest thing I have ever seen!!!  We washed our clothes early in the morning while it was still raining super hard. We had to go around the corner and cross the street to be able to refill our laundry card and there was like a foot of water everywhere. I rolled up my pants and took my shoes off, I felt like a total hobbit!! It was the coolest thing ever! We have a park in our complex that is a big grass area that turned into a lake, it was amazing. After laundry we waited inside until like 3 then we made it to Walmart to buy our groceries, that was a mess. We went back and hunkered down for a while. This morning we had our studies then went out and provided service all day long. That is why I have not emailed yet. I have been tearing out carpet and hardwood all day. It has been such a fun day!
So many people lost their homes, their cars, everything they had. It stinks. But at the same time the rain is the coolest thing I have ever seen.
I love you all! 
Elder Grimes

The park area at our apartment was turned into a lake!
 Our apartment building.


 Cars totally under water all over the place. crazy stuff!


 My "Hobbit" feet in the flood.


 Me and Elder Spjute...we have since cleaned the mirror ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment