Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Week 9 - Brazos, Texas

This week there were problems with the ldsmail server and we received one short email and then one more short email with the subject line of "anyone?"  then nothing for 2 hours.  This email was finally delivered:

"This week was super fun and really fast. I feel like it was just Pday. That was a week ago.. We are working really hard to be able to find people to teach. But we are struggling just a little to find people. We have also had a few run ins with some Testigos. They are so sketch. Legit, they scare the crap out of me. 
We are having Elder Nelson come and speak to us on Saturday. Thought that might be something cool to share.
We just went to Walmart and bought our groceries. I only used my debit card because I bought a backpack and some other necessities to survive as a missionary. They make 'ALOHA COCONUT' chapstick and I bought two. Best decision I have ever made hands down. I also bought a few hotwheels... they were trucks and I have a problem.

I love Y'all"

We were so sad that we weren't able to email back and forth for a few minutes with him and to see how he is doing as that is what we have done in the past.  We sent him a letter overnight so that he would know that we hadn't forgotten him.

All 5 of us at home got hand written letters later that week.  He is doing really well here is some of what he told his Dad:

"I know that what I'm doing is right and that it's important.  I'm struggling, but I'm happy.  It's the weirdest feeling ever.  This is really hard to do , but I'm happier than I've ever been.  You told me so! haha  Another weird thing is that I'm one of the tallest people in our branch!  I love being tall for a change."

"I know that My Redeemer Lives.  I have no doubt in my mind at all.  The Restoration is a FACT!  I know that Jose Smith saw our father and Jesus Christ.  I am thankful that I get to share this truth with all of these short people! 
I love you so much!
-Your little Elder
-Elder Grimes"



No comments:

Post a Comment