Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Week 10 - Brazos, Texas

**Email me at buffergrimes@gmail.com if you would like his address to send him a letter.**

Another weird email week as the server wasn't quite working right again, it was better than last week though.

 "Hi, this week has been a long one. I hope you guys got the letters I sent home.  Read Doctrine and Covenants 101:4-5. We must be tried. I guess one of those trials was last week not being able to talk to you guys.  Long week to say the least!!  We were out knocking doors the other day and we found this puppy.  I'm pretty sure it's a young Dingo.  Nonetheless, it was the nicest little dog ever!  Super playful and wanted us to pet it nonstop.  It followed us to our car and we didn't know where it lived...we thought about taking it home with us ;) then some old lady came out of her house accusing us of stealing her dog!  The thing was a cute little turd and I'm proud of the picture I got of it.  I saw an '89 suburban this week!  I have been trying to do sweet wheelies. haha, I have to tuck my right pant leg into my sock so it doesn't get eaten by the chain and sprocket. haha learned that the hard way and I am down to just one suit. the MTC dry cleaning destroyed one of them and the hem came undone in the pants of the jack skellington one. Just the window pane one left.
We had a triple mission conference with President Russell M. Nelson and Elder Corbridge of the seventy.  It was incredible, both of those men are so inspired.  They had all of the missionaries in attendance shake both of their hands.  It was an amazing experience.  As you got closer to them, the spirit got stronger and stronger.  Something about being in the same room as a prophet of God, the spirit was so powerful.  President Nelson shared a great scripture, one that I needed to hear today.  Doctrine and Covenants 101: 4-5.  It says how we need to be chastened and tried.  Because those who cannot will not endure, cannot be sanctified.  Trials and hardships are put in out lives to help us learn to rely on the Savior and His Atonement.  It is more than sufficient for our needs.  The Son of the Living God, A Perfect Man without Sin, was the only way that we could be saved from ourselves.  He said, "Some must go where few dare follow" (SO COOL)  and "If we knew who we were before this life, we'd be terrified."  It was super cool!!! President Nelson talked to us for almost two hours.
LOVE YOU ALL"


       "I feel like these sunsets are Heavenly Father saying, 'Thank you for sharing the gospel'"

                                                            The dingo-dog
                                                      Looks like he is eating well

No comments:

Post a Comment