Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Week 8 - Brazos, Texas


We waited all day for an email yesterday but it was Martin Luther King Jr Day so we knew we might not get one. We went to bed a little sad but resigned to the fact that we would be getting an email next week.  Well, today we got an email!

"Texas is so dang flat!  My trainers are Elder S from Ogden who will be going home after this transfer and 
Elder G from Mexico. They are awesome.  Almost all of the companionships have a car. We are allotted x amount of miles each month and then we have to bike.  I am our designated driver. I'm freaking out a little. There are not even hills. It is totally flat everywhere. Whaterr. We went to Walmart today and bought our groceries. Hearing real music is the weirdest thing. Our little apartment can barely fit the three of us, but we are making it work. I am super discouraged because I cannot speak or understand Spanish, but I have only been here for a week. I guess I will have to wait a while to see what happens with the language. 

COOL STORY:  So a few days ago we had a really busy day. Knocking, teaching, having doors slammed. You know, the good stuff. Well 4:30 rolled around and we had to decide what we were going to do about dinner. We decided that Whataburger was the best choice. (they ran out of groceries and we didn't have time to go to Walmart.) Triple meat Whataburger with jalapenos on it. Good freaking burger. After we left we had an appointment at a less active families house. We went and had a good time. Getting in the car to leave, I noticed that the Armor of God coin that Danny gave me was not in my pocket. Sheer panic. I looked everywhere for it. We drove around where we knocked that day, went back to Whataburger, I dug through every inch of the car, this thing was gone. I was devastated. I went to bed super sad that night. I tried to get over my loss, and thought about how I was going to tell Dan how I lost it.. Yesterday morning when we left the apartment to go start our day, it was sitting on the drivers seat of our little white Ford Fusion. I know that thing wasn't there for the two days that it was missing. The Lord looks our for his missionaries!!!

I didn't understand anything at church the other day. Monday is P day but we had interviews with pres Hall yesterday so our P day is today this week.  It's pretty warm here. We had super dense fog the other night, then it rained all day on Saturday.
Look up The Nashville Tribute band. they have a bunch of super cool gospel narration/music. Their song Modern day Sampson is pretty fun to listen to.  It's pretty stressful here, not gonna lie. I have no idea what I'm doing and I don't understand people...but days go by pretty quick.  We have had 2 dinners so far and a FHE with less actives and an investigator.  My bike is dope!  I LOVE YOU ALL!  Gotta go."


Our Kitchen

                                                              Our Living Room

                                                   The ford from our third floor window                                                     
                                                          SO MUCH TEXAS SWAG                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment