Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Week 7 - TEXAS!

Elder Grimes traveled with 1 other Elder and 8 Sisters to Houston on Jan. 12th.  We received an email from President Hall that night with a picture of the group of new missionaries, some were from the Mexico MTC.  We later learned that Brigham has been assigned to the Rosenberg, Texas Brazos Spanish Speaking Branch with 2 trainers.  On Friday we got a letter in the mail from Brigham!
"Hey Parents!
I've landed in Houston!  We landed yesterday and drove to a church building where we had a quick meeting with Pres. and Sister Hall.  After that while we were waiting to be interviewed, we went "running".  Two Elders took me and Elder N street contacting.  We went to an apartment complex and talked to everyone we could find.  A lot of people like to hang out outside....two people that we talked to were named Jose and Benito, they were really nice and understanding that my Spanish was not very good.  They really listened to me and accepted the Book of Mormon that we gave them.  I am about to go meet my trainer.  Love you lots!"



No comments:

Post a Comment