Saturday, January 9, 2016

Week 6 - MTC

We got a fun surprise this week.  One of the Moms dropping off her missionary took pictures of Brigham and posted them on facebook.  A friend of mine saw and sent them to me and I printed one and sent it to Brigham.  The mom then emailed me even more pictures and told me,
"Elizabeth,
He was such a gentleman and so sweet to my daughter, she didn't carry anything into the MTC!  Elder Grimes has made this transition so much easier with his HUGE SMILE! As I was watching her walk away she already looked so comfortable and at home and it was definitely the kindness of Elder Grimes! He will forever be in my heart!"

Here is Brigham's version.
"I got the picture of hosting Sister S. and it made me happy. I saw Mio C (a friend from growing up) pulling up with his mom and I ran to the car and sent the other host away. Mio looked pretty shaken up -like we all are- and I really wanted to help him out. I showed him around, I think it really helped to put his mind at ease. I had just finished hosting Mio and was walking back up to the curb when I saw Sister S. standing there looking super lost. I asked her family if she had a host and her brother told me that she hadn't seen anyone yet. She got out, unloaded, and walked across the street to the curb without a host!! I was freaking out a little! I said, "I'm so sorry that nobody has helped you yet, I would be more than happy to be your host!" I gave her a handshake and we took a few pictures while talking. Then we walked off and I took her inside. She was really fun. Then after we were done hosting, one of the big honchos that works at the MTC asked me and Elder J. if we would be willing to hang around and host all of the late comers. Of course we said yes. The other companionship that did this with us were both Aussies and they taught us a bunch of fun little games. Black Magic. Snaps. How Many Fish. Super fun guys. The first late comer was a sister who came in with her older sister and her two roommates. We helped her out of her car and just as we were walking her inside three more cars came up. She became my responsibility. I walked her all around campus showing her where her classes and things were. That is the closest thing I will have to a date for the next two years. I have to be honest here, I need to repent. I didn't have my "sister goggles" on that day. She was a cutie. ugh 

I already have one tally mark on the back of my tag. (counting months)  haha. My tag that I don't even wear. I have worn the one they gave me twice. I wear Dads every day. I wear the magnetic one on my suit though.  I have it on right now with my new pen.  

Could you print and send the picture of Bean at Panda Express? that made me super happy!! and jealous.  

I'm a little nervous to have to speak on Sunday in Spanish...our whole branch (all 64 of us) are learning spanish. We are all that meets together for Sacrament Meeting. Here are some thoughts for Mom's talk on work and sacrifice (she asked me for thoughts)

1. The first half of Alma 5:41 talks about good works. Those who do good works follow the Good Shepherd.

2. Alma 7:24 "And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works."   To me, this scripture is kind of like instructions to a lego kit. Faith, hope, and charity are a few of the pieces of the final product. 

3. Moroni 7:13 This scripture has been very useful for me. If we love our Heavenly Father, we should take no greater joy than we are in the service of his children. 

4. Work and faith go hand in hand. If we try to do work without faith, we will not have the Lord to help us.  James 2:17-18 are amazing verses. Please read them. 

5. "I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go till he comes, Give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till he stops me. And when He returns for His own, he will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear."
                                    -Elder Henry B. Eyring (The fellowship of the unashamed. 

6. Doctrine and Covenants 123: 16-17 

My laundry is done and the packing has begun. 

Gotta go! Love you all!!!


party hard and be safe!

Elder Grimes"



                  These verses have been really cool to read this week. Me encantan estes versiculos
                                    
                            I got this shirt of Grandpa Mike's and Grandma Kathy's mission
                                                                 Here are my tags and pen

No comments:

Post a Comment