Saturday, December 12, 2015

Week 2 - MTC

"We just barely got done doing laundry. The laundry room is a total Dungeon. We sat and waited for just over an hour while the laundry was going. It is pretty uncomfortable having free time here. We never know what to do. During the week we have morning study blocks from 8 to 11 without a teacher. We are left to our own devices to study and learn everything that we want to know. Then we have gym time from 11:10 to 12:15, followed by lunch from 12:30 to 1:15. Then it's back to class until dinner at 5:30, we sometimes have a teacher during the day. Dinner is 5:30 to 6:15, then it's class again until 9:30. Our days are sooo long, but they are so fun that it doesn't even seem bad. My district is super awesome and we are all pretty good about using our study time wisely. Sometimes, however, we do get pretty drained and need about thirty minutes to cool down and just chill. Every time we go to the bathroom during class we have to go down stairs to the first floor because there isn't one on our floor. we pass the front entrance to the building and we all stop for a second at the door and look out just to think for a few seconds. Our building is right inside the gates of the MTC. We look out and see the Security Hut thing, The mountains, the temple, and lots of cars driving by. It's hard to think that people are just living outside of this spiritual boot camp. Class is in building 8m right up front. if you drive past the MTC and look to the left of the security hut, it's the first one. We sit in this building all day every day. Its really not that bad tho. The food is good, I love my district, love my teachers. The "investigators" are pretty strange. Teaching lessons in spanish is super hard. We did commit David to baptism tho. That was so cool. We knew that he spoke english(he is one of our teachers) so at the end of our final lesson with him I asked in spanish if I could bear my testimony in english, and he said that I could. I struggled to get the words out in english because the spirit was so strong in that room. Yes, Dad, I am praying in spanish now.  haha it's pretty cool to be able to do that. Preguntas?  Just be happy. I love this experience, as hard as it may be and I have never been closer to Heavenly Father. I love you guys so much!!  Don't you worry, these oils are saving my life cada dia. I am praying for you guys constantly. I Pray that you will all be happy and safe while I am away.
Yo testifico que esta iglesia es verdadero, y que Jose Smith fue un profeta de Dios. Mediante Jose Smith Podemos Tener el evangelio restaurado en nuestras vidas."

Elder Grimes

Brigham requested a blanket because he is super cold at the MTC so that is getting shipped today.  He also didn't get the package we sent yesterday with stockings for the Elders in his district so we are hoping that he gets it today.





No comments:

Post a Comment